Friday, January 6, 2017

Bullet Journal Fun

I love planners!
I love stationery!
I love paper, and post its, and pens and markers, and washi tape and stickers!

I always have.  But, I kept going from one planner to the next.  Or I would abandon my planner because it just wasn't working for me.  I had post its and lists everywhere, I had Pinterest boards I never look at....And then, I was introduced to a different kind of planner.

The planner that you make yourself!  I was doing this before I actually ever found out about the official "Bullet Journal".  In fact, when I heard about it there was this talk of a "key" with symbols meaning different things and I was just like, yeah no...I can't remember all that nonsense.  I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing.  Little did I know that with just a few minor tweaks, I was keeping a bullet journal!  Surprise.

Though I was happy in my planner, I did feel like something was a little off.  I realized all I needed was an Index and Numbered Pages!!  Life changing moment right there.  I shook my head and laughed at the utter simplicity of it all.

The reason I am sharing this with you today is because my journal is more than a journal and more than a planner, it makes me happy.  Maybe it can make you happy too!  Plus, you will be required to make a weekly layout.  Surprise!!  Don't panic.  It will be easy and fun!!!  Promise!!

Every week, we will create a vision board of sorts for the week.  We will come check on it and update it daily.  So, I'd like you to have a little history behind it before we get started.

There are many, many on line resources for you to check out about Bullet Journals.  Here is a link to the original creator's site so you can see the main idea behind it all.
Ryder Caroll - Bullet Journal Creator

From there, you can make it as artsy and complicated as you want...or you can keep it as simple as you like.

Here are some other resources for examples on how you can personalize your Bullet Journal:
Creative Savings
Tiny Ray of Sunshine
Parker and Me
Gurl  (this one is a youthful page but a great resource!!)
Sublime Reflection (great tracker health & fitness resource)

I highly recommend that you check out Pinterest for a little while using "Weekly Planner Layouts" as your search words.  There will be lots of visual inspiration and you can do some further research on the ones you really like.  (Warning:  Set yourself a time limit, or you can be there all day!!  Wait, is that just me?)

Here is what my week's layout currently looks like.  (I say currently, because if at any time I'm no longer feeling it...I switch it up.  Try doing THAT in an Erin Condren!)

The blank space you see will be filled in later with a quote and a picture...I just haven't gotten to it yet.  I might even add two pictures.  If you notice...I didn't use a ruler.  Nothing on this spread is perfect.  And that's how I like it. It's not time consuming.  I recommend trying it out in pencil first just until you figure out if will all fit. 



Here's a closer look at my tracking page.  I add the weekly weather so I can plan ahead, I enter my meals, what I plan to make for the family (which is usually different than what I eat), my workout, and the household chores I need to do.  


This was last week.  As you see, I threw in a picture of the week and a quote that I re-read often throughout the week.  I was reminded of my focus for the week, the religious quote I wanted to work on, how I wanted to challenge myself, and what new thing I wanted to try for the week.  I wrote the directions in and some thoughts about how it all went since there was extra room.  So, as you see, this ends up becoming a Scrapbook/Memory book of sorts.  (But MUCH, MUCH cheaper!)  The Habit Tracker is an easy way to make sure you did everything you intended to for the week.  If you see a pattern where you're not doing what you should be doing, you can make the extra effort to get it done, or reassess your priorities.

That's it!  For the next couple of days, check out some layouts and practice some either in your journal or on scrap paper.  On Sunday, we begin!  See you at The Club!  Click here - The HOTI Club Facebook Group

Talk Soon,
C













No comments:

Post a Comment